Monday, August 22, 2011

Cheers!

 

How Now Brown Cow?

When I recently walked into our local wine store, I was greeted by an enormous display of 'chocolate wine.'  I thought to myself "Now who in their right mind would buy such as thing?" as I headed to the weekly wine tasting in the back of the store to try some "real" wines.  To my surprise, this was one of the wines being featured for the week.  After working my way through the French whites and reds, I was presented with this chocolatey concoction.  Being skeptical, I tried it anyway.... and was pleasantly surprised!  I don't know that I would put it in a wine category, but rather in a chocolatey goodness category.  If you are a fan of Bailey's, Godiva or Kahlua, you must try this as an alternative.  There are varieties of  Chocolate, Chocolate & Espresso, and Chocolate & Raspberry.  Served chilled, over ice, or my personal favorite - blended with ice like a milkshake.  Give it a try, and I think you'll agree!!


No comments:

Post a Comment